2014 Fitness Goals

So I realize that it is almost the end of January and I am just finding a New Year's resolution (more just a life resolution). It's not my fault that finals started and I was finding it hard even to shower before leaving my dorm. Anyhow, I decided that this year, instead of simply talking about my fitness goals, I am going to write them down. I am absolutely that person who has high hopes for themselves, and after a week or two of intense exercising and healthy eating I am back on the couch eating a pint of Ben & Jerry's in one sitting. So I decided that this year I would put my goals up on the interwebs and maybe the fact that my friends, family, and random strangers are reading this would actually motivate me to keep up with the goals. My goals for myself aren't that strict. I was talking to my friend the other day about body image, exercising, etc and she commented on how just from being around me she can tell that I am very comfortable in my body. I have no qualms about randomly stretching in public so my shirt lifts up really high or wearing tight yoga pants around in public. While that is relatively true, in order to stay comfortable and be even more proud of myself I want to change a few things about my habits. 

1. I want to work out twice a day. When I say workout I don't mean go on two long runs or anything like that. As most people know I have gotten very interested in yoga. So, one of my workouts would most likely be a morning yoga stretching workout just to get ready for the day, while the other would be a more intense run, pilates, or yoga workout where I really push my limits. I'm sure there will be days when I don't work out twice. I can get pretty busy, but if I always do a workout in the morning I will always have at least 1 workout done for the day. 

2. Control my eating. Sometimes my friends and I get into really bad binge eating stretches. It usually includes eating multiple packages of Japanese sweets in one sitting. While it tastes really good at the time, it never (no, never) feels good later. So I want to try to control this, if only to save myself from future stomachaches. 

3. Drink at least 1 water bottle a day. I drink a lot of tea, which is basically just water, but I still want to drink more plain water. I find plain, cool water extremely refreshing, and it is so good for your body. I need to get better at drinking more each day. 

So there you have it, my three goals for hopefully the rest of my life. I feel like if I can stick to these I will be able to be even more comfortable with and proud of my body. Not to mention that I will become an overall healthier person! 

P.S. the tea of the day is chamomile and orange!

P.P.S. My friend wrote this really impressive and informative blog post about the differences between Japanese and American people/cultures so check it out here if you are interested!

P.P.P.S. I'm thinking about changing the look of my blog, so keep your eyes open for that!

Comments

  1. Be fit this year – isn’t that the common New Year’s resolution? I hope you’re one of those who actually does something about their resolution. I do hope you’ll stick to it, don’t give up just because you don’t see any significant change; it won’t happen overnight, so be patient and persistent. Nick Osborne @ GoFitnessCenter.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I actually read your comment right after I finished a workout so I think that is a good sign!

      Delete

Post a Comment